Friday, January 22, 2010

Wretched Lamp to Funky Lamp

Completely wretched!
This chintzy gold has got to go!



A little of this!



A little bit better.


Sand the edges...


And seal coat.

My favorite sealer!


Now on to the fun part!

I took my trusty .25 drum shade and an old skirt.




Cut the skirt down to size to wrap around the lamp shade.


A dab of glue...
and roll the lamp shade up in fabric.



 

Glue the inner edges down.

 

Add some lining....



Now on to the front!

Take some ric rak and your trusty glue gun...



Start gluing down the ric rak to your base shade.


Make sure you take a blow dryer to the strings of glue.

Dig out the ole' trusty charm bucket (Thanks Connie)




Glue a charm on...



Blow dry glue strings again.

Much better!




And Presto Change-o!






 

 


A perfect lamp for my little boys room!
So much better and so much more ME!

Total cost~
Drum shade .50
Lamp..1.50
Ric Rak...1.50
Other materials I had on hand.
So a whoppin' $3.50

Are you starting to see that pocket change can transform and beautify your home?
I HOPE so!




14 comments:

  1. I Love it Bon. It motivates me to do something with my lamps! It is going to look so cute in Calebs room!
    ~Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous!! I heart rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I love me a good lamp rehab. Oh, the joy of spray paint, a glue gun, and fabric scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about the tip with the blowdryer! Thanks for sharing. Your lamp looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also didn't know about the blowdryer tip. Thanks. Your lamp has a lot of personality now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to bling out my grandbaby's nursery lampshade. Thx for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Hey, what's with the blow dryer on the glue strings? Does it make them dry up or something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still always amazed what paint and a little fabric can do! I've got a Power of Paint Party on Wednesday... I'd love for you to share your lamp... hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Love the ric rac and charm on the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty...luv the rick rack! I'm having fun looking around at your blog...so I think I follow along with you!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! I absolutely love taking something old and turning it into something beautiful and new!

    Thanks for adding it to my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! I love that you used an old skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. that is fabulous. Thanks for linking up to Trash to Treasure Tuesday, can you please add a link back to REINVENTED in your post? thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's an amazing article for all the web viewers; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

    my weblog; acoustic guitar chords for beginners

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!