Monday, February 24, 2014

Display Box {Part 2}

Okay, so I finally have my display box fully decorated for spring. 
You can check out my first post and tutorial here.
 Here is what my box looks like.
 I have wanted to put mason jars in the box so that I would be able to change out the greenery for different seasons.
I don't know about you, but I have COMPLETE spring fever.

 I found 11 jars and decided that I wanted to spray paint them.
After I spray painted my jars, I gave them a light sanding.
I like the antiqued and weathered look.
 I found some geranium bushes at the dollar store that I knew would work nicely.
 The stems were too long, so I simply used a wire cutter to trim the bush down to the right heigth for the jar.
{A good tip to keep your floral in place is to use rice, lentils, or beans in your base to push your stem down into. This will keep your flowers from moving around.}
 I am so happy with the results. 
It makes me anxious for endless summer days, fresh flowers, and sun-kissed skin.

Now I am off to enjoy the rest of this fairly nice weather we are having! 

 XOXO, 
Bon

2 comments:

  1. Love your ideas Bon. I just discovered this blog and I Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Love the box. I've been wanting to make one forever. Great idea for a center piece. Love the green jars too.

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!